Tuesday, March 15, 2011

February - short and bittersweet

February dawned brightly, and was gone almost in the wink of an eye. Yes, I know it's the shortest month of the year, but it felt like only two weeks.  Where did this month go? What did I get done?

I managed by the end of the month to get down to my pre- Christmas weight of 70.1 kg, despite a few dodgy  weigh-ins due to a couple of  lost weekends with nachos and white wine! My next milestone is to get under 70kg and that won't take long!

I signed up for Clean Up Australia Day  earlier in the month. It's on Sunday the 6th of March, and my area to clean up is :  here

Rio!
My Monday, Wednesday and Sundays were taken up (mainly in the evenings) by rehearsals for the Savoyards 50th Anniversary concert. I was lucky enough to be a cast member of Sav's production of  'Boy From Oz' in 2009 and that qualified me as a previous Savoyards member, so I could audition for the concert.
The auditions and rehearsals all started in Nov/ Dec last year, but they geared up in Feb and it was full on until Opening night.

Queensland was still reeling after the floods in January when Cyclone Yasi reared her ugly head in Feb. Not content with that, Mother Nature decided it was New Zealand's turn on the 22nd, and an earthquake measuring 6.3, severely damaged Christchurch. and surrounding areas.

A lot happened in February, not necessarily to me, but we are all affected by the suffering of others.

Here's to March.

1 comment: