Thursday, January 6, 2011

Paying it Forward.

I love Facebook.
I can plant crops on my very own farm, chop down trees on the Frontier, have my own cafe, be the mayor of my own town, and occasionally catch up with friends and see what's going on in their world.

The status of a friend caught my eye one evening:

Pay it Forward 2011: I promise to send something handmade (or homemade!) to the first 5 people who leave a comment here. They must in turn post this and send something they make to the first 5 people who comment on their status. *The rules are that it must be handmade/homemade by you and it must be sent to your 5 people sometime in 2011. (No, your kids don't count as something homemade, so don't send them to me!)


It seemed to fit in well with my theme this year, so I'm in. I've got to make something especially for 5 people and get it to them somehow. So far I've only got 2 takers, a friend who's currently in Abu Dhabi!!! and my cousin, who I haven't seen in about 20 years, so we're using this as an excuse (not that we should really need one) to get together after all this time.

I'll keep you posted on who's getting what, and if you have any suggestions on what handmade kinds of things I can make (although I've got several ideas already), I'd love all ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment